Answers to the first lines meme.
1. Slade looked down at the paired slabs of dark, polished stone jutting up from the cold ground--even in late August, it was far from warm in this part of Siberia--and slowly dropped down to a knee between the two of them, un-gloved hand resting on the rough top of the cool granite as he read the simple epitaph on the larger stone. Happy Endings? Bah
2.Dinah grimaced and wondered for about the fifteenth time that day why she had come back to Landing to run her latest tests. Another Chance, part 9
3.The battlefield smile was still on Slade's lips as he looked across the inside of the HIVE's last major base, breathing cordite and shattered masonry and the rest of the reek of war's aftermath, the last of the shots still ringing in his ears despite the protection inside the mask's earpieces. untitled Sladefic
4.Practically since the end of the second World War, he'd been dying. We Hold These Truths
5. Slade shifted the car into park and killed the engine, then slid out, shutting the door behind him as he headed towards the house in front of him, his eye dark as he looked at the bright-lit windows. I'm sorry never seems enough
6. "Show me Arrakis?" Farad'n asked her, late one evening as the last of the ruddy light slipped away outside the thick panes of glass. Unexpected Requests
7. "Featherhead, how do
you do it?" Teen Titan Trouble
8. Warriors' was more than filled to capacity with two-thirds of the adult hero community-- and more Titans than really should have been there, Dinah noticed with a shake of her head. Party Night
9. //Drown, you bitch... drown.// Companions of Necessity
10. Roy got up at the knock on his door, wondering who the heck it was at this time of the evening, and was glad Lian was over at Dinah's. Finding Comfort
11. Deep in the depths of sleep, a nightmare building in his mind, Slade half-noticed movement that did not fit the dreams, sounds that were not the ones of batt-- untitled again, and somewhat cheating because it's an RP piece
12. He's not grateful. Not for himself. Grateful? Hardly
13. Dick had stood there, staring out over the bay, almost frozen for... he didn't know how long. Desparate Distraction
14. Donna Troy stretched lazily, opening her eyes to a startlingly beautiful New York City morning out her apartment window, and turned to shut off the alarm clock that was about to go off. Am I dreaming?
15. When Nightwing's frozen voice had crackled across the Outsiders communicators, ordering them to move for Arsenal's communicator, everyone had known something was horribly wrong. When It All Falls Down
16. Normally, the view around his home was enough to make him smile and turn his head to watch the long grass out here away from the river-side fields sway under the hard blue of the savanna sky. Smoke and Ash
17. *hit* Breathe. *hit* Breathe. //knuckles hurt--don't care// Knee-kick-*hit*-breathe //it hurts--shut UP!// Cracks Around the Edges
18. Roy froze just inside the doorway at hearing an entirely too-familiar noise, //Dang it, old man, couldn't ya make it to a bed for once? When ya knew I was coming home?// T.M.I.
19. Robin shook his head as he slipped into Young Justice HQ late at night, kicking snow off his boots, hearing the chaos that meant the whole team was in. Christmas with Young Justice
20. It's a small thing, gleaming dully on top of the perfect stack of paper in the stark glow of the overhead fluorescent lights. Loss